WHERE: Prague, Czech Republic
WHEN: October 25- October 30, 2017
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Friday 16th June, 2017
The International Gold Event is a global leadership program for the immediate next generation of key decision makers and influencers within The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award worldwide. It brings together participants from all over the world to develop character and leadership skills and provides opportunities to contribute to the development of policy and practice throughout the Award family. The International Gold Event gives participants the chance to meet, to exchange ideas and to establish sustainable networks of emerging leaders who will contribute to the development of the Award locally, nationally and internationally. If you are reading this then hopefully you are going to be part of this experience – as a delegate, staff member, or in some other way. We hope this will be an experience that you’ll count as one of your life’s milestones.
The International Gold Event has evolved over time and the next event will focus on ‘emerging leaders’. The theme for the 2017 International Gold Event is “Engaging a younger generation in our sustainable future.”
The ideal candidate will be someone who has achieved or is currently nearing the end of their Gold Award; and between the ages of 20-35. They will be active within The Award, and someone that the Division Office has worked with in some capacity in the past and would be ideal to represent Australia and The Award abroad. In addition, the successful candidate is expected to return to their Division and remain actively engaged in some capacity (volunteer or staff).
Eight Emerging Leader Representatives will be elected to stand on the International Council (IC) during the event.
The participant registration fee is $450 Euros (approx $650AUD) per person which must be covered by the delegate and includes accommodation and board whilst at the event. The successful applicant will also need to cover their transport costs however, the Australian National Award office will consider applications for part and or full subsidies based on merit ( to be discussed at interview stage).
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying to be considered as an Australian Delegate for IGE 2017 please download and complete the application form.
Once completed, please email application to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than COB Friday 16th June 2017.
Applicants will be assessed based on the following criteria:
• Achievement of, or active engagement in gaining, their Gold Award
• Commitment to their local/national Award program through active engagement
• Success in their professional/student career, volunteering life and civil society
• Potential and desire to rise to the highest levels of volunteer or professional leadership
• Phone interview with the selection committee (selected candidates only)
Be sure to download the IGE 2017 application form before filling it out, as it will not save your answers if completed in a web browser.
1) Applicants will receive an email notification confirming their application
2) Phone Interviews will be conducted the week of the 19th June and the candidates will be notified Monday 26th June, 2017
3) Successful candidate/s will be required to register directly with IGE and join Online Community Hub IGE Group no later than June 30,2017
For more information about IGE and the application process please contact the the National Award Office