AWARD ADMINISTRATION TRAINING (AAT)
Please note: advanced bookings are essential. Important pre-training tasks and information are only emailed to those who have booked into the Training day.
The NSW Award Operating Authority conducts AAT for Award Leaders and Assistant Award Leaders involved in running The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award in NSW.
It is mandatory for all Award Leaders to complete AAT so that they are fully aware of the implications and responsibilities involved with operating the Duke of Ed. Award Leaders who have previously attended AAT may attend as a refresher to keep updated with changes to the Duke of Ed in NSW.
Award Leaders in regional areas can complete a tele-training session if they are unable to attend training at Sydney Olympic Park. Regional areas are those outside of Illawarra (Wollongong), Hunter (Newcastle), Central Coast, Blue Mountains and Metropolitan Sydney.
- Award history, organisational structure and key principles
- Award levels, Sections, activities, fees and insurance
- Participant registration, including Parent/Guardian Consent and Participant Award planning
- Assessor procedures, including information regarding NSW Child Protection requirements
- Adventurous Journey requirements
- Introduction to accepting, managing and signing off participants on the Online Record Book (ORB).
Dates for Term 2, 2017:
- Tuesday May 9 (Regional Award Leader Tele-Training) - CONCLUDED
- Thursday May 11 - CONCLUDED
- Friday May 12 - CONCLUDED
- Wednesday May 24 (Regional Award Leader Tele-Training)
- Tuesday May 30
- Wednesday May 31
Time & Location
Training is held at 6 Figtree Drive, Sydney Olympic Park, and runs from 9:00am - 3:30pm (registration opens at 8:30am).
Cost & Bookings
AAT is free! Refreshments and lunch will be provided on the day. Please advise of any special dietary requirements during booking. To book over the phone, call 13 13 02 OR complete the online Award Administration Training Booking form.
For more information contact the NSW DIVISION office.
For more information please contact your Award Leader or the NT office.
For more information please contact your Award Leader or the TASMANIA office.