AWARD ADMINISTRATION TRAINING (AAT)
Please note: advanced bookings are essential. Important pre-training tasks and information are only emailed to those who have booked into the Training day.
The NSW Award Operating Authority conducts AAT for Award Leaders and Assistant Award Leaders involved in running The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award in NSW.
It is mandatory for all Award Leaders to complete AAT so that they are fully aware of the implications and responsibilities involved with operating the Duke of Ed. Award Leaders who have previously attended AAT may attend as a refresher to keep updated with changes to the Duke of Ed in NSW.
Award Leaders in regional areas can complete a tele-training session if they are unable to attend a scheduled face-to-face Training Session.
- Award history, organisational structure, and key principles
- Award levels, Sections, activities, fees, and insurance
- Participant registration, including Parent/Guardian Consent and Participant Award planning
- Assessor procedures, including information regarding NSW Child Protection requirements
- Adventurous Journey requirements
- Introduction to accepting, managing and signing off Participants on the Online Record Book (ORB).
*Please note: AAT does not include detailed training on the ORB. Further information about the Online Record Book Next Generation (ORB Next Gen) can be found here.
Dates for Term 1, 2018:
- CENTRAL COAST/HUNTER - Myuna Bay Sport & Recreation Centre
- Tuesday, February 27, 9am – 4pm (includes regional Networking Event in the afternoon)
- For Regional Award Leaders - Wednesday, March 7, 10am - 2pm)
- SYDNEY OLYMPIC PARK
- Friday, March 9, 9am - 3:30pm
- ILLAWARRA - Berry Sport & Recreation Centre
- Tuesday, March 20, 9am – 4pm (includes regional Networking Event in the afternoon)
- SYDNEY OLYMPIC PARK
- Thursday, March 22, 9am - 3:30pm
Time & Location
Specific location details will be sent to those who have booked into the training.
Cost & Bookings
AAT is free! Refreshments and lunch will be provided on the day. Please advise of any special dietary requirements during booking. To book over the phone, call 13 13 02 OR complete the online Award Administration Training Booking form.
For more information contact the NSW DIVISION office.
For more information please contact your Award Leader or the NT office.
For more information please contact your Award Leader or the TASMANIA office.